ELITE MUSIC ACADEMY
"I call architecture frozen music." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
School Rules and Policies
School Rules and Policies
- Lessons are offered on a weekly basis. If a student wishes to take more than one lesson per week, it can be arranged. It is expected that students will attend regularly and be on-time.
- In case of a student's absence: four make-up lessons will be given during each academic year. Additional make-ups will be offered at the teacher's discretion only. No make-up lessons will be given for lessons missed without prior notice or with notice given less than 24 hours before the scheduled lesson. Please note, make-up lessons are only given to students currently enrolled at the school.
- In case of a teacher's absence: a lesson will be either re-scheduled, or a substitute teacher will be provided. If a substitute teacher is provided, and the student elects not to come, there will be no refund.
- No make-ups will be scheduled for a missed group lesson, unless there is an open slot for the same class on a different day. If a student misses a chamber group rehearsal or a rehearsal for another ensemble, the student may be required to schedule a separate session with the teacher, so as not to fall behind. An individual lesson rate will apply to such a lesson.
- Lessons falling on breaks, holidays, or during school closings, due to inclement weather or any other unforeseen circumstances, will not be charged for, or will be fully refunded.
- The full monthly tuition must be paid no later than during the last lesson of each month for the lessons to be taken during the following month regardless of any absences.
- The payments may be in the form of a check, money order, or cash. If payments are made by a check, a $35 fee will be charged for a bounced or returned check.
- Late payment will result in the student missing lesson/s and, ultimately, might result in the loss of their regular lesson day and time.
- In case of an absence, the student or the student's parent/guardian must notify the school at least 24 hours prior to the lesson, unless it is a case of emergency, in which case, a proper document must be presented, if possible.
Cancellation Policy and Refunds
- For new students only: if after the first lesson the student no longer wishes to continue, a refund for the remaining lessons will be issued.
- For returning students: if the student no longer wishes to continue, at least a two-weeks' notice is required.
- If the student stops lessons in the middle of the month, no refund will be issued for the remaining lessons in that month. No refund will be issued if a student decides not to participate in an ensemble or a group class, after registration and payment have been processed.